Monday, August 25, 2014

WTF TrueBlood?!?!?

****SPOILERS for the Books and Television show****

Should I direct this at the writers...possibly.  I read the entire book series.  When I read the last book I threw a pen at the wall.  I wanted to throw a book but I like my iPad.  I was so freaking pissed off at the ending!  It was like the other books and characters no longer existed.  As if the past didn't happen and she just decided to force a "happily ever after" with Sam because Sookie deserves to have babies or something.  I love Sam, I do but when it happened I was like are you effing kidding me?!?  There has to be a better way to do this woman!  There were so many other characters to pick from.  Or if you don't want to rehash old relationships in the last book create someone we start to love.  Give us someone to be happy about.  Maybe a fae!  I don't know.  Sam and her may have had some heated moments in the past but nothing that would EVER have me thinking they would be anything more than best friends and business partners.  If anything don't put her with ANYONE...no one.  Just leave it open that she may end up with one of them but don't tell us who!  I mean they never said "and her and Sam live happily ever after" but it was eluding to that. 

So imagine my *whooooohooooo* *happy dance* when the writers of TrueBlood said they were going in a different direction when ending the series.  I love Eric, he is by far my favorite! I love Pam, she is my spirit animal.  I know they are "perfect" for each other but they are not lovers.  Their love is more family like.  They will ALWAYS be together just not like that.  Obviously, I am an Eric/Sookie shipper.  Stop punching holes in my ship!  I will go down with this ship *glug glug glug*.  Dammit you sunk my ship *tears*.



Moving on.  The last few seasons have been rough.  There were many many times where I was like "go home TrueBlood you are drunk!".  I stuck with the show because I loved it so much at the beginning but there were times where I was so done.  I mean so so so done!  So I sat down last night and prepared myself to say goodby to my favorite viking vamp, my love/hate for my telepath friend, etc.  And I figured, I will cry because it over, right...WRONG!

I was honest to God bored out of my flipping mind!  The whole Bill thing.  I was like JFC if he turns human and they get together I will turn this off!  Then she staked him and I was all holy shit they actually killed him!!! Truthfully, I thought he was about to turn into bloody goo during the wedding.  If this was the old TrueBlood, that totally would have happened and it would have been good.  Because I would have effing cried!  I would have had some sort of emotional response.  Instead when she staked him I felt nothing.  Not a tear.  I thought he was being a selfish git asking someone he LOVES to kill him because he is miserable.  Dude just sit in your grave till the sun comes up and be done with it *rolls eyes*

Then the NO CONTACT at all with Eric.  You know what F**k you writers!  This is where the author got it wrong.  They didn't have to end up together but don't cheapen what they had and have them just stop being them!  He cared for her tremendously, even Pam who was tired of her "precious fairy vagina" liked her a little.  And Sookie cared for him, you know she did so don't try to tell me otherwise.  He is Eric effing Northman, yea they had some trust issues but their chemistry was the most believable throughout the ENTIRE series (book and TV)!  It was like they just forgot about it.  Fine you don't want her to waste her precious human life with the undead but don't tell me that it made sense to just remove him from her life because it didn't.  Shit, at the end of the show they clearly show OTHER vamps at her stupid Thanksgiving dinner, so why couldn't they have stayed friends.  He is a GOOD FRIEND TO HAVE.

Then there was the kicker.  I mean it literally kicked me in the freaking gut!  Flash forward, I think it was 4 years at this point.  Eric and Pam are New Blood spokespersons and owners and whatever.  Which is fine because like I said they care for one another and there is no Eric without Pam and vice versa.  Again pissed that they were no longer part of the Bon Temps life but whatever that wasn't what kicked me.  What effing kicked me was Sookie's happily ever after!  She is surrounded by her "family".  Yay, right?!  And she is *sucks in breath* pregnant.  Okay okay, FINE give her the human life Bill wanted her to have with his dying wish and whatnot.  But who is it?!?!  They killed off Alcide (which pissed me off to no end!) and Sam had another woman and a baby.  They never introduced Quinn into the TV show which also pissed me off because he was pretty important in the books but I digress. 

They dragged it out for the longest time!  Then, here it comes...finally we are going to find out.  Its....its...some random effing person and we didn't even see his effing face and what the hell did I just watch.  I had no tears, no happy feels, just a dumb founded stare and a big ol' middle finger fading to black.  You know what don't give me that shit!  Don't just put her with anyone.  Leave it open.  I would have preferred that to the random person sitting in place where I expected to see a character I loved.  Because lets be honest, it was the series finale.  They could have put any previous love interest in there and I would have accepted it and started crying.  Except they killed them off or just pretended like they never existed or whatever. 

So I can say for the first time EVER I had zero emotional response to the ending of a series I love.  When I devote years of my time getting invested in a television show I expect to be sad or at least cry happy tears.  Instead I was even more angry than when I read the flipping book.  At least in the book we knew Sam and could kind of be happy that they were probably going to be together forever having happy little part human, part fae, part shifter babies.  Not staring at the back of some random no ones head!  My husband was like it was probably a camera guy they just shoved on set which snapped me out of my open mouthed glare and I laughed.   

Sorry but I did not like how they ended it.  I waited until I slept on it to say anything and I still just can't be happy about it.  I accepted the book ending but this one...I wished they would have just stuck to the book, I personally would have been happier because she's with someone we KNOW and can have an emotional response over! 

I know I am not alone but I also know some people were happy with it.  I just can't be.  I feel like the entire series was just thrown out to give Sookie her happy ending both in the Book and TV show.  So *pfleet*.

Here's my ending Sookie finally realized she doesn't need a man or a baby or a human life to be happy.  She has many who love her because she is who she is.  She just needs to be herself and live the life she wants and stop letting other peoples ideals *ahem* BILL *ahem* guide their decisions.  THE END!

No comments:

Post a Comment