Monday, August 11, 2014

ARM & HAMMER™ Clump & Seal™ litter

I received this product from Smiley 360 for free to try.  I took the 7 day challenge and I think I found a new product to love.

My cats are picky.  We have tried to use A&H litter in the past but it smelled funny and the cats hated it.  I am talking refused to use the litter box type hating.  So we always went back to another "Fresh" brand.  Which, don't get me wrong, is wonderful but it is very dusty and has a strong perfume smell that bothers me.  I have a strong sense of smell so it gives me a slight headache.

I did a true 7 day challenge.  We have two boxes.  So in one I put ARM & HAMMER™ Clump & Seal™ litter and in the other I put our current brand litter.  First thing to note, it is affordable.  A bit cheaper than some more well known brands. The ARM & HAMMER™ Clump & Seal™ shocked me from the start.  There was virtually no dust.  We dumped it into the pan and I wasn't immediately enveloped into a cloud of litter dust.  I dumped the other brand into the other box and had to leave the room because it was so much dust it could choke you (nothing new, I usually wear a mask because of this).  Aside from that we noticed two things immediately.  The Arm & Hammer was more dense, not heavy but dense.  I think because of the smaller granules.  Also the scent.  There was no overpowering perfume scent.  The other one was so incredibly strong but this one was mild. 

We clean the litters daily (usually) but we noticed even if we skipped a day the A & H box didn't smell bad and you couldn't see the liquid. The other litter had a slight odor masked with perfume and it looked damp.  It was clear that the A & H clumped better.  There were perfect little pee clumps that looked dry and were easy to remove.  The other litter was gooey.  I mean it clumps but its clearly wet looking and it falls apart if you aren't careful.  Also when cleaning the box, there is limited dust.  Seriously just the reduction of dust everywhere sold me.  Now, my cats still use both boxes but if we skip a day they go more towards the A & H box.  It must smell more clean to them.

It has been 7 days.  I can tell a difference so I know the cats can too.  The ARM & HAMMER™ Clump & Seal™ litter box still looks like brand new litter.  The other brand you can tell has been used a bit.  I think it is because of the damp clumping.  So when you are cleaning it you are leaving damp pieces of litter in the box with makes it dirty faster.  Also, 7 days later and the cats seem to prefer the A & H box.  There is less mess in the other litter.  Even with the masking perfume scent the other litter doesn't smell better than the ARM & HAMMER™ Clump & Seal™ litter.  If anything it smells worse because you can smell cat pee slightly mixed with floral whatever.

I have picky cats but they seemed to have picked ARM & HAMMER™ Clump & Seal™ over our other brand which used to be their favorite.  I recommend it.  Seriously click here and try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment