Saturday, October 27, 2018

Beyond Meridian - CC Bridges

More like 3.5 stars, not quite 4 because its too short.  I don't even know where to start.  I know I read the description before downloading it but I somehow missed that is was a "romance" M/M.  No issues just caught me off guard at first.  So we are following Raine and Karl.  Raine is a Spacer...he moves cargo.  And Karl needs help getting into "enemy" territory. 

Its Firefly with a two man crew and a really fancy ship.  Its a quick read but its honestly really good.   You want to hate Raine, he's a bastard but he isn't, he has a heart so to say.  Karl seems green but there is something lurking beneath the surface.  He is on a mission to save his friend and needs Raine.  The problem is Raine is a man ho (at least it seems) and Karl is "innocent". 

Together with the amazing ship they are going to save the galaxy, and each other. 

It's written to move quickly but its captivating.  It really does grab your interest.  My only issue is it moves so fast.  I like to see more development in characters and in story.  I like to see the build in the relationship.  But even with that lacking I like Raine and Karl.  It's good.  They are good.  It's...just read it.  Like I said Firefly...plus.

I got this book for free from Netgalley to read and give my honest review.  

SPOILERS

Can I just say...I don't normally read male on male stuff.  I have nothing against it, I just normally am not drawn to it.  With that said, I am suddenly educated and intrigued. 

The raw desire between the two main characters is intense.  It's gripping.  It makes you want to keep reading.  The build up was short but the...uh climax was....wow.  Like I said not normally my 1st choice in reading but it was hot.  It was written well.   A little explicit for my likings, I read naughty stuff but not often. 

I think I would read more of this series.  I like where it seems to be going.  They definitely aim to misbehave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment