Thursday, January 28, 2016

Well damn, Lucifer is HOT!

A sentence I'd never thought I'd say.  Who else watched the Premier of Lucifer on Fox Monday night???  I watched it for two reasons.  One, it came on right after The X-Files and two, its a story about Lucifer getting tired of the BS in Hell and coming to the surface to have some fun.  Wait there is a third reason....Tom Ellis is definitely not bad to look at.  The below will be spoiler-y, you've been warned. 

With that said, I absolutely loved this show.  Usually it takes me a few episodes to really fall for a new series but not this time.  I was a smiling, giggling school girl by the end.  They honestly couldn't have picked a better person to portray Lucifer Morningstar (I laughed every time he said his full name...God given, I'm afraid).   He is witty and devilish with a touch of humanity.  The devil has feelings...that is a whole new way to look at things.

We begin with him being a prick to a police officer and its wonderful.  He can basically make people say what they are thinking...he is manipulative and its a little concerning.  But he has friends.  Like they seem like legit friends who *gasp* care about him and he *double gasp* cares for them... We see in the first few minutes how much he cares for others (I am so going to hell even typing this).  He helps a struggling actress.  She thinks she sold her soul but he assures her he just helped her by putting her in contact with the correct people (what in the what what).  Then she is BRUTALLY murdered while with him.  He recovers, ala Jack Harkness style *gasp* *suddenly alive*, and immediately wants to punish whomever killed his friend.

This puts him in the sights of a detective lady who is immune to his charms.  He has zero affect on her.  She has no desire to tell him anything and thinks him more of an annoyance, oooo I like her!  She has a kid (interesting) with another detective who is kind of a prick.  He tries to put his ex down in front of Luci and he defends his new lady friend.  It is adorable (OMG I am having feelings for a TV "bad guy"...I have issues).

So together they figure out who hired the hit-man that killed the actress.  The actual bad guy who isn't Lucifer pulls a gun on Luci.  The lady detective is panicking.  He isn't.  He isn't scared of being shot.  he'll just come back to life.  She shoots the suspect to save Lucifer and he is floored.  That man didn't suffer enough, he just DIED.  He is mad (ooooo scary devil) and says he.is.immortal!  Before it can go further the baddie isn't dead and SHOOTS our new lady friend "Ahhhhhhhhhh!".  Um excuse you, I like her!  Luci goes all vengeful devil...dude the reflection... okay THAT is horrifying!  She lives yay!  He saves her....wha...he cares....whoa.

That was basically the episode.  Obviously much more happened but that was the sum of it.  I love love loveed it!  I cannot WAIT to see more.  It looks like he becomes a consultant for the police department and our lady friend does not seem happy...*muahaha*

My favorite things:
Trixie liking Lucifer, even after hearing his name
Lucifer telling Trixie  "That's a hooker name."
Lucifer scaring the bully that got Trixie in trouble
Trixie seeing Lucifer at the hospital and giving him a HUGE hug and him getting all "no no no little one, I hate kids" all while uncomfortably smirking.

That stupid angel doesn't scare him one bit (seriously something is wrong with me)
He is a seducer and keeps his word (that shrink is going to have a good time)
But he is still a bit terrifying
 
Also, I love how he is blatantly honest about being Lucifer and immortal and everyone just kind of blows it off.

**NOTE** None of these gifs are mine.  I found them online but I don't know who created them.



No comments:

Post a Comment