Tuesday, January 26, 2016

14 years later and I still love these two!!!

I've seen a lot of negative things about the Premier of the X-Files revival and I don't get it.  Yea it was a little off.  Mulder was a bit of a nutter...more so than normal but it was still good.  And as much as I love foosball I was feeling a bit stabby.  Gimme X-Files dammit!!!!  Yea yea yea good for you Panthers now get off my TV!

From this point forward it will be spoiled a bit for Episodes 1 & 2 so just a heads up.

My little geek heart exploded Sunday night!  One of my favorite sci-fi shows of ALL TIME (notice I say "one of", because I have a few favs) came back for a 6 episode tease.  I call it a tease because 6 episodes is not enough for me.  This is the FIRST TV non-couple that I was like "OMG be together already" (ya know...I shipped them).  I was 12 when it first came on TV and 21 when they took it off the air.  I watched it for 9 seasons.  I saw the movies.  I love love love Mulder and Scully.  With that said when I heard they were bringing it back I fangirled so hard my husband laughed for like 20 minutes.  It was pretty epic.  I imagine it would have been similar for fans of Classic Who when the show rebooted in 2005.

Anyways, I like the 1st episode.  Of course it wasn't classic X-Files people.  Think about it!!! They dismantled the department.  It didn't exist anymore.  So they had to come up with some cracked out way to bring Mulder and Scully back together.  It couldn't be straight up alien BS again.  They've done that and shown us the flipping aliens.  It had to go in a different direction.  Plus it was Episode 1 FFS!!!  It was an intro.  They had to get us all up to speed on what the f**k they've all been up to for FOURTEEN years (yes I know there was a movie in 2008 but its been 14 years since TV).  So we had to see Mulder out of his Mulder-ness and Scully being her awesome scientific self but without Mulder.  We had to see that they've gone their separate ways but they still CLEARLY love each other and you cannot convince me otherwise!

I seriously love that they are taking the alien BS to a new (way more disturbing) level.  We aren't being watched by aliens...well we are but its more than that.  All of these crazy things.  All of the INSANE experiments and abductions and weirdo $hit.  Its all because back when the Roswell thing happened our government took the technology and reverse engineered it.  We also took the BODY OF THE ALIEN and used its DNA.  Meaning aliens aren't abducting us for experiments...its our government.  At least a branch of it.  (like I needed more reasons to be paranoid) They take women who are pregnant and put alien DNA in them to see what happens.  They impregnate others with human/alien embryos.  They take men for...well you can guess based on the last sentence. 

Aliens might be curious about us but its the powers that be that are doing all the crazy $hit!  And when people try to out these higher powers they are "dealt with".  I mean I wasn't fond of the YouTubber (stop hitting on Scully!) but I can only imagine what happened to him. As in they die of mysterious causes, have freak accidents, or just disappear.  At the end we have our team mending the wounds a bit...speaking of their BABY that went up for adoption (ouch my heart)...and giving us the flipping smoking man.  How the f**k is he still alive?!?!?!

Episode 2 was more my classic babies.  Mulder is his clean shaven, suit wearing self.  And god damn he is still a very attractive man.  Scully hasn't aged.  No really what does Mrs. Anderson do because she looks the SAME!  This episode broke me more because of the "What If" flash backs.  What if they kept their son.  What activities would they have done together.  Just rip my heart out why don't you!!!  It also showed how much these two CLEARLY care for one another still.  They may not be together but the affection is still there.  When Mulder is in danger she is worried.  When Mulder drops on the ground in pain she is there in a second to save him.  When he says "You’re never just anything to me, Scully", I sniffled.  Damn where'd all this dust come from *cough cough*.  

What I am saying is I like it.  I think it is good.  I think people are being WAAAAAY too hard on it. Just enjoy it while you can....its only SIX episodes people!!! Oh did I mention Scully has Alien DNA...what the actual f**k?!?!?!


No comments:

Post a Comment