Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Slimfast Vox Box

I received a Slimfast Vox Box from Influenster to try the products and review them.  These are my honest opinions.

SlimFast Advanced Nutrition - Vanilla Shake

This is supposed to be a meal replacement shake.  I tried it as a breakfast shake.  I made sure it was chilled for optimum taste.  I couldn't make it more than a few sip/gulps.  The flavor was incredibly sweet.  Way too sweet for my liking.  The taste of the vanilla seemed very fake also.  Overall it was not a good experience for me.  I refrigerated the left overs and tried them again later in the day, thinking it was just my early morning taste buds misbehaving.  But my second try went the same way.  I like the idea but I wouldn't be able to force it down.  I wouldn't try it again.
SlimFast Advanced Nutrition - Baked Crisps - Sour Cream & Onion

This is a 100 Calorie snack.  Healthy baked crisps, yes please.  But alas, these were not what I expected.  The chips were crunchy which I loved.  But they were almost too thick.  Slightly thinner would have made a wonderful difference.  The initial flavor was delightful.  It was sour cream and onion, until you swallowed.  Then there was this awful chalky aftertaste.  It was like a coating on my tongue.  I ate about 1/2 the bag before I just couldn't do it anymore.   If you are looking to get me not to snack at all, this worked.  But if I needed a little filler between meals, I'll just stick to fruit or nuts. 
SlimFast Advanced Nutrition - Drizzled Crisps - Cinnamon Bun Swirl

This is another 100 calorie snack.  Where the Baked Crisps were savory, these are sweet.  Well I would imagine they are sweet.  My husband said they were "okay" but asked me not to buy them.  I couldn't try them myself because I have a thing about Cinnamon.  I can't eat it.  Well I can eat it but only if the flavor is virtually undetectable, like in King Cake.  Otherwise, this horrible gag reflex thing happens.  Something I hate with a passion so if I know or can smell the cinnamon in things, I wont eat them.  So I wouldn't buy them but that is more of a me thing not an issue with the actual product.
I like the idea of the products that were sent to me but the textures and flavors of said products were not appealing to me.  Therefore I personally wouldn't recommend them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment