Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Doctor Who: The Crawling Terror

The Doctor and Clara find themselves in a sleepy country town where all kinds of crazy is going on.  Honestly this was quit an adventure.  It was well written and kept in line with the typical Doctor/Clara dynamic.  The thing that gave me the heebie jeebies was the GIANT bugs.  I could handle the giant daddy long legs (NON bloodsucking mosquito thing) but the rest.  I was freaking a bit.  I thought it was very interesting.  The Doctor and Clara are being hunted by murderous insects when they get separated.  But the insects aren't the aliens, totally didn't see that coming.  The insects are vessels for an alien species that happens to look a lot like scorpions.  Very large, very intelligent scorpions.  It was a rip roaring adventure.  Clearly Clara was going to be ok but I found myself quite worried that her consciousness was going to be lost because of the big baddie alien trying to invade earth.  

So all in all a great little short story to keep the Doctor/Clara adventures still going between new episodes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment