Monday, October 6, 2014

TAZO® Chai Tea

Mmmmm Tea.   Yes I am southern (like deep south y'all) and yes I like hot tea.  I mean I like coffee also but that is not what I'm here to talk about.  I received some free samples of TAZO® Chai from Smiley 360.  Give it a try!

TAZO® Chocolate Chai
I tried my first one tonight so here are my thoughts.  My first sample was TAZO® Chocolate Chai.  Okay let me say that I have a sensitivity to cinnamon.  Not allergic but some food items that contain cinnamon make me want to be ill.  So with that said I am always concerned about trying things that I know contain "hints" of cinnamon.  I am happy to say that I found this delicious.  As it was steeping I told my husband it smells like Christmas.  That is the first image that popped in my head.  Sitting by a fire, drinking this, with family and presents all around.  That sounds cheesy but I don't care.  It tastes pretty good as well.  I was shocked that the flavor was subtle.  The scent is strong, it smells like it should be really strong but I found it almost weak at first, I said almost.  I'm used to strong tea and coffee.  I let it steep for 5 minutes like the bag suggested.  I added a little sugar and a splash of milk.  My husband stole it and drank half so I think its safe to say he is a fan.  I am a fan as well.  I liked it quite well.  It made me feel all warm and fuzzy...I think I want to have some around when it gets a little cooler down here.  I can't wait to try the others!  I will post updates to this post as I try them.  

TAZO® Classic Chai
I tried my final sample, the TAZO® Classic Chai.  It was ok.  I definitely liked the additional flavors in the Chocolate and Vanilla Caramel.  It wasn't bad, actually quite soothing.  I had surgery recently and have been feeling blah.  I decided to drink this and it actually raised my spirits. The scent reminds me of home and family, I guess it just makes me feel good to think about those things while enjoying a warm treat.  A bit of a comfort I guess.  So it was good but I wouldn't purchase it myself.  I'd rather one with one of the added flavorings.  

TAZO®Vanilla Caramel Chai
I tried my second one last night, TAZO® Vanilla Caramel Chai.  I like chocolate but I am definitely more of a vanilla caramel kind of girl.  The vanilla gave it a light flavor and caramel gave it a subtle sweetness.  I liked this one a bit more.  It didn't remind me of the holidays as much but it still had the spicy undertones.  I added a little sugar and some milk again.  I again, found it slightly weak but I adjusted to it after a few sips.  Don't let it get cold, its not good cold.   The hubs wasn't as big of fan of this one.  I, on the other hand have a new fav, I think.  If I had to pick, I'd pick this one.  Next I'll try the classic and see how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment