Tuesday, April 26, 2016

So many emotions, so many shows, I need a drink - Game of Thrones

So we got the Season Premier of GoT, whoohoo...but then we got the Season Finale of Lucifer, booooo.  (see next post for Lucifer)

Game of Thrones first, it went by WAY too fast.  Before I knew it the hour was up and it was ending.  We find out a little of what happened since we left our fav characters at the end of Season 5.  But only a taste.  Just a little taste of each story line...still no Bran.  Where the f**k is Bran?  We shall find out soon, I think.   At least based on the previews they showed for the Season.

Jon is still dead.  No...just no! He isn't dead.  Melisandre can bring him back...right?!?!  She said she saw him fighting at Winterfell, HE'S NOT DEAD.  I'm not in denial...shut up.  I really wanted Ghost to go all vengeful Dire wolf on the men that turned on Jon.  I still think he'll go at least partial vengeful dire wolf at some point.  Rip their guts out Ghost!

Sansa and Theon are still running for their lives.  They are saved by Brienne &  Podrick. They swear their loyalty to one another.  Sansa has come so far since the series (books) began.  She was such a one dimensional character who has now become so important, so layered, definitely one of my favs.

Arya is still blind but I think we are seeing that she is being taught to use her other senses to survive.  At least that is the vibe I got.  They crazy snake women killed everyone I liked in Dorne.  I actually felt sorry for Cersi.  Her heartbreaking revelation about how she would bear children but none would live was quite sobering.  Tyrion while he wasn't on screen long, reminded me why he is another fav.  He is just a great character.  He can be a "bad" person but under all that he is someone I would want to be friends with (weird).  Daenerys is captured by the Dothraki.  She wins over that Khal by being her bad@$$ self and by being the widow of Khal Drogo.  She has their immediate respect but they will not be bringing her back to Meereen.  Yikes!  Something tells me her Dragon will be changing that somehow.

Then they dropped the bomb of all bombs on us.  We know Melisandre is different.  She is a powerful...witch...sorceress...priestess.  She clearly uses magic.  She seems older than she looks but she is visibly young and beautiful.  So we are being the creepers watching her get ready for bed.  She drops her clothes (it wouldn't be GoT without boobs) and then takes off her necklace.  All we see is this weird distorted reflection.  Pan back to Melisandre and she looks like a taller Gollum with saggy tatas and OMG I did not need to see this before going to bed.   She is old...VERY old...and very scraggly.  Hmmmm what are they telling us now?!?!  So she has strong magic...she can bring back Jon Snow!  Right...right?!?!?!  I may have a one track mind at the moment.

I'm so glad GoT is back!

No comments:

Post a Comment