Friday, April 15, 2016

Mug Shot by Caroline Fardig

Who doesn't love a great murder mystery story? This was a fabulous who done it.  I didn't read the first book (I didn't know there was one) but this book was okay as a stand alone.  They rehashed enough of what happened in Book 1 to keep me up to speed. 

The characters are well developed and the mystery is kept secret VERY well.  I can honestly say I didn't see it coming.  Juliet made me angry regularly.  She is a wonderful person but she makes impulsive decisions and that makes me stabby.  Pete seems like a sweetie but their co-dependent thing they have made me crazy.  I hated Stan at first but he grew on me.  He isn't a great boyfriend but he is a decent person.  I adored Savannah.  Her southern sayings made me giggle and she was just so likeable.  Ryder...oh my.  He is a little hot headed but in an almost attractive way.  He's a cop so I guess some of the attitude is expected but he CLEARLY cares deeply for Juliet and I just loved him. 

SPOILERS BELOW:

Not in a million years did I think "lets kill the main secondary character's girlfriend and blame it on him".  I disliked Cecelia from the start but when she died I was shocked.  I wasn't shocked Pete took the fall but it really sucked for Juliet.  Her obsession with helping Pete while admirable was so annoying.  She has a pretty decent thing with Stan, Ryder still wants her, yet she will sacrifice it all for Pete.  I know they are friends but their relationship is weird. 

I will say this book kept me guessing.  I was on the same path as Juliet.  I thought it was Stan.  I thought it was Kent.  I thought it was Bastidas.  I even thought it was Abigail.  I never thought it was Pete.  I agree with Juliet, that isn't his style.  But I didn't even consider Savannah.  I was floored.  I was so involved in this story.  I was just like Juliet.  When Savannah said the detail about Cecelia's murder, I said "NO WAY" out loud.  But she helped her so much trying to clear Pete's name!!!  I guess even friendship can't stand the weight of MURDER.  Then when she tried to kill Jules.  What a B!  She was nothing but nice to her and now she is trying to kill her!  Clearly this chick has major issues.

I hate that Jules lost her best girlfriend but at least she got her Pete back.  That and she is back with Ryder *squee*.  That makes me happy.  I like them together and I will totally read more of this series.

I got this book for free from ChatterBox from Random House to read and give my honest review.  I think it is a great read for anyone who likes a good Mystery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment