Wednesday, October 7, 2015

I only have more questions...that's so not fair!!!


So for some stupid reason I decided to keep watching The Leftovers.  It isn't a bad show but it is very dark.  By the end of last season I was still very WTF.  I had no idea what was going on but things got real weird, real fast.  So I figured Season 2 would still be weird but would answer some of the questions we all had.

The season opener gave me a migraine.  If you haven't watched it and still plan on watching it,
DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER!  You have been warned.  It came on Sunday...but I am being nice...
SPOILERS below.


So it started in 10,000BC or something (what?!?).  There was a cave woman.  I honest to God thought I started watching the wrong show.  So she's prego and has to tinkle, why do I need to know this?!!?!  Anyways she leaves her tribe in the cave and there is a flipping earthquake and they are all buried alive...well that sucks!  So b**ch goes into labor all alone and manages to birth the baby and not die, kudos cave chick.  Again, I am still like what am I watching?!!?!?  So she is starving and has to find food and gets bit by a snake (uh oh).  Her arm goes all gangrene and basically falls off and she dies with the infant clutched to her chest while laying near a water reserve, creek thing...jfc that's terrible!  Some other tribe lady finds the baby, gives dead mom a sad look and moves on.  Then we flash to present day Miracle, TX.  Ummmmm WTF?

Why am I in Miracle, TX?  Who are these new characters?!?!  What happened to the old characters?!?!?  What was with the flipping cave woman?!?!  What is happening?!?!  So apparently Miracle was the only place where people didn't "depart".  No one was "taken" so now its like a holy land.  Honestly, when they show the buses coming in with peeps and residents of the town selling "holy items" all I could think of was Fatima or Medjugorje.  Ya know, places where Mary appeared and then *BAM* its now a place where people pilgrimage from all over the world to be close to God or "healed" or whatever.  Don't get me wrong, I'd visit too out of sheer curiosity even if I wasn't a little religious. 

It all centers around this really sketch family.  The husband is a Fireman that burns down peoples houses (WTF?!?) and his daughter is rebelling a bit and almost a typical teen.  Mom seems normal, as is the brother and the whole fam goes to Baptist services.  Finally more than half way in, we get our preacher man (Christopher Eccleston) showing up in Miracle.  But he only has a small scene and he is shooshed by the current preacher from talking about the departure and his wife's "miracle" ...odd.  The sketch dad questions him like some interrogator...what is going on!?!?

So we are back at the house and sketch dad gets a pie left on the front porch and he's all suspicious that its poisoned or something (well if you didn't go around burning down people's houses maybe you wouldn't be so paranoid!).  He sees his new Neighbors (yay, its our "favorite" f**ked up family from Season 1).  So we have preacher man, along with Kevin, Nora, Jill & recently acquired baby randomly showing up in the same town in TX...can't be a coincidence...right?!?  (yes I know him and Nora are related but they aren't exactly BFFs) So sketch dad brings the possible POISONED pie to the new neighbors...(what a d**k!) and invites them for his B-day BBQ, odd.

BBQ is weird to say the least.  Kevin is awkward anyway and sketch dad is just not right so that's fun.  Apparently sketch dad was in prison for attempted murder and that's not an uncomfortable conversation, nope not at all.  So the kids in that home (boy and girl) are apparently twins.  Weird things always happen with twins.  I should know I am married to one and my BFFs are twins.

Anyway, twin girl has a seizure at the table and messes up the bday cake (yikes!)...poor baby.  So we end up with them eating the pie (pahahahaha, karma).  No one dies but shockingly enough even after the seizure they let girlfriend go off with her friends after dinner, hmmmm.  Sometime in the middle of the night we have an Earthquake (ahhh tying into the weirdo beginning).  Mom & dad realize baby girl never came home.  Dad and twin bro go to the reservoir, creek thing and find the friend's car....running...with the radio on...locked from the inside and EMPTY.  No trace of the three girls.  OMG the girls departed didn't they!?!?!?  The creek thing is dry and the fish are flopping...where the hell did all the water go?!?!  And roll credits.

I have more questions!  I have no answers!  I have a headache!  And I will keep watching because I apparently like to torture my brain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment