Sunday, July 5, 2015

I don't know what that was but it WASN'T berry

I got these free to try from Smiley 360 for my honest review.  They get 2 stars because they are gummy and are easy to take that is where the kind of positive rating ends.  The rest of the aspects are 1 star.  I've taken many different gummy vitamins and while some tasted better than others, I've never wanted to spit them out.  These have a very distinct vitamin flavor.  You know what I am talking about, that smell when you open say a bottle of Vitamin B capsules, that is the flavor these leave you with.  The initial taste is a berry flavor that I can only describe as fermented.  So you start chewing and you feel like you are chowing down on solidified wine you left uncorked for a week.  Then once you swallow your palate is coated in the most unfavorable remnants of vitamin flavor.  I almost felt the need to scrape my tongue after each dose.  I've never taken a chewable pill and felt the need to chase it with something, preferably not water because I needed a new taste to replace this one.  It's not pleasant, at least not for me. 

I can't tell you if they worked as stated because I really couldn't stomach them.  I tried, I really did but the taste got to me.  Vitamins can be a chore, if you make it even more unpleasant by giving them a questionable flavor, I am not going to remember to take them...or force myself to swallow it.  I've seen many reviews saying how great they taste and good on them. I am glad they didn't have the same experience I did.  But I am telling you they tasted funky to me.

Try them at your own "risk"

No comments:

Post a Comment