Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I made a thing and it was good

Okay, I totally made up a recipe as I went along and it was quite tasty so I am sharing it.

Shrimp and Vegetables with Linguini

Makes approx 6 servings
Prep 15 min
Cook 20 min
Total Time 35 min

Ingredients:
1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (I cut mine in half also but you don't have to)
1 yellow bell pepper
1 summer squash
1 yellow onion
1 zucchini
3 toes garlic (minced) - also known as a clove
1/4 lb fresh snap beans (green beans) , it was about 20-30 beans
1 large tomato
2TB Lite Cream Cheese
2TB Coconut Oil
1/2 cup white wine
FRESH Basil (I eyed it but it was about 1/2 cup chopped), if using dried, use less
FRESH Rosemary (I eyed it but it was about 1 1/2 TB)
FRESH Oregano (I eyed it but it was about 1 tsp)
S & P to taste
Garlic Powder to taste
Onion Powder to taste
Water (as needed)
Linguini (cooked as per directions)

Directions:
1. Chop all veggies and herbs.  My pieces weren't small, they were a bit chunky but that is how I like my veggies
2. Heat Coconut oil in skillet over med/med-lo heat
3. Add Onion & Garlic, cook down a little (about 3 min)
4. Add bell pepper, cook down (about 2 min)
5. Add Squash, Zucchini & Snap Beans, cook down (about 3 min)
*NOTE* as the veggies cook make sure they aren't burning/sticking to the pan, add a little water if needed
6. Add shrimp, herbs, and wine, season with S & P, Garlic Powder & Onion Powder (you don't need much but it gives it some flavor) cook until shrimp is pink, keep stirring
7.  Add tomatoes and cream cheese, reduce heat to a simmer and stir some more
8.  Once cheese is melted, set aside to cool, the sauce will thicken (the thickness will depend on how much water you added)

Serve over Linguini, add some Parmesan cheese if you like (I did)

Just remember you don't want the veggies too soft but you don't want them raw either.  I used all of them but they were smallish...for example, if you have a giant zucchini, you don't have to put the whole thing.  Use your best judgement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment