Sunday, August 25, 2019

Oh, we can be heroes just for one day.....I need a tissue and a hug!

Okay I know I am late to the OMG Stranger Things is like the best show ever but I have no time people!

Anyways once Season 3 dropped, I decided Eff it, who needs sleep.  So I binged as much as I could between work, life, general BS...and finally finished it. 


In the last few weeks I have become irrationally attached to these freaking characters!!!  Mike and El make me all weepy with puppy love.  Hopper and Joyce kill me with sexual tension!!!  Steve is f**king awesome! I just...I love them all...its such a great show! 

It's the perfect blend of supernatural horror and plot. Not to mention the nostalgia!  I was a kid in the 80's...not a teen but I was aware of enough and remember all of it.  I was like Lucas' little sister Erica...maybe a little younger. 

Turn around
Look at what you see
In her face

The mirror of your dreams

It makes more sense once you watch it!

SPOILERS...DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE END OF SEASON 3!!!!!





So I knew something BIG would happen.  I was sad when Dr. Alexi died.  I liked him.  He just wanted a better life.  But I KNEW a big character was going away.  So as the last episode ramped up so did my anxiety.  Then....THEN Joyce agreed to a date with Hopper and I knew he was going to effing DIE

I didn't want it to happen but as she gazed at him in the reactor area about to turn the keys I started tearing up.  Then Billy f**king sacrifices himself for El and WTF...I hated him but he was just a damaged kid...he doesn't deserve this!  When he says "I'm sorry" to Max before dying tears started to fall.  Then Joyce sees Will and is sobbing so now I am started to really lose my battle with my tears.  But when....when she sees Eleven and El realizes Hopper is gone its gone.... I am full on crying!!!!!!!!

I managed to compose myself.  I'm watching them pack up Will, Joyce, and Jonathan and it's sad...they are leaving Hawkins.  Its sadder when we realize El is leaving with them!  I mean it makes sense but NOOOOOO!  Anyways the tears return during that whole scene.  Nancy is parting with Jonathan....Will is parting with his BEST FRIENDS....Joyce is parting with everything she's ever known...and El is leaving Mike and the gang but Mike...and SHE LOVES HIM TOO!


But what killed me.  Like honestly ripped my f**king heart out...the letter. El is reading Hopper's "speech" he was going to have with El and Mike about boundaries and the flood gates opened.  F**k I am starting to tear up again just typing this! 

I lost it.  He called himself her dad.  He made sure she knew she SAVED him from his demons.  He said he loved her in so many ways.  And OMG...

So yea this show gutted me...THANKS A LOT GUYS.  Whatever, there is clearly a Season 4. Russia has a F**KING Demogorgon and when they went to get a prisoner to feed to it, they said "no not the American".  So the only thing keeping me from sobbing further is that in my head that is Hopper.  He got sucked into the Upside Down and spit out in Russia.  Right...RIGHT!?!?!?! 

I'm going to bed.  I am emotionally drained 😓

PS Showing them saying goodbye with "Heroes" playing in the background was so mean!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment