Friday, July 29, 2016

Can't they just have a happily ever after?!?!?!

I meant to post this a while ago....apparently I just saved it and didn't post it...doh!

Sooooooooooooooo 12 Monkeys tried to slowly kill me with frustration.  I didn't realize until last night but the whole season was a slow burn of lethal frustration in an attempt to murder...ME!  Not being dramatic...scouts honor...

Okay, right.  So we have Cole who drove me INSANE in Season 1 with his "must complete the mission at all costs" attitude.  But he changed.  He changed because he realized somethings are more important that the mission.  Somethings like, CASSIE!  But she did the opposite.  In Season 1 she was the heartfelt, caring person.  She knew that its not always about the mission, its about the people.  But she changed.  She changed because she got stuck in the f**king future and slept with Deacon (what?!?!?!) and I dunno went a  little berzerk.

So the entirety of Season 2 I am basically screaming at my TV "OMG stop being mean to each other!  You care about each other!  Remember who you are..." Sorry my inner Mufasa came out.  Granted I wasn't so focused on the messed up Cole/Cassie thing that I missed the rest of this amazing show.

Season 2, like Season 1, was a roller coaster ride of emotion.  I teared up so many times.  The writing for this show is phenomenal.  I felt so many things each week, happy/sad/angry/frustrated/etc. But the season finale last night, that was superb.

SPOILERS

So at the end of last weeks episode we have Cassie FINALLY realizing she is being crazy and going after Cole to 1957.  Its like something clicked and she said "Holy $hit I'm being unreasonable.  Lets compromise." So they are stuck in 1957 for ELEVEN months...surely they've made amends.  Look I don't need romance but they are friends...shouldn't they act like it?!?!?!  But noooooo.  Why would they be mature adults?  Instead they are being mean and lashing out and not listening to each other.  Cole says things that make me cringe (eluding to her "dates" was a low blow), Cassie basically makes him feel inferior and dumb.  STOP!

So they basically have to work together to stop time from unraveling.  Meanwhile Cole stares at Cassie like a love sick puppy and Cassie is just cold...but I think she's being cautious...like I don't think she really hates him (well I know she doesn't...NOW!).  It was just a mess.  So they fail their mission, the Primary dies and Cassie is knocked unconscious...for SIX MONTHS!  In that time he f**king abandons her because "its for the best".  What??!?!  Did you just got all "Doctor Who" on Cassie.  Dammit Cole don't be like the Doctor!!!!!

Moving on.  She finds him...they fight and then they make up!  YAAASSS!  Thank you!!! Then they REALLY make up.  Oh wait, we are going there...okay.  Then she gets pregnant and Oh my gosh, he's so adorable about being a father!  But of f**king course something is still wrong which threatens their happiness.  Meanwhile in 2043 or whatever Ramsey and company are failing miserably at stopping the Witness.  A.K.A. they all f**king die!  What is happening!??!!?  Cole can fix it by "drinking the koolaid".  No really...he can drink the red tea crap and make it right.  So Cole has a decision to make 1) stay in happily ever after land with Cassie and the baby but time still unravels or 2) Go back one more time and actually stop the last Primary from dying which will erase the time line where they fall in love.  *'scuse me while I punch something*. 

So he of course chooses to save the world because he is Cole.  Time resets and Cassie is still weird with him.  They go to the future and help Ramsey and Co. NOT die but still somehow fail.  W....T...F....?!?!!?  Turns out this Witness is a f**king Jedi or something and the city isn't just a city....the whole freaking thing time travels.  Are....you.....serious?!?!!?  Before they all splinter Cassie by some miracle REMEMBERS the aborted timeline.  Yay!!!!!!!  Then she gets stuck splintering with the City...WITHOUT Cole.  G*D F**KING DAMMIT

Cole is like "I gots to find my boo" and Doc lady is like "okay, I got you fam".  Flash to WAY in the future.  Cassie is in some weirdo temple and that freaking old dude that looks like a slender man is there.  Ah HA! He IS the Witness.  Hahahahaha jk Mother F**ker.  He isn't.  The witness is Cassie's unborn child.  Fade to black.
 
What....WHAT....WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!??! What the hell kind of a...I hate you 12 Monkeys!!!  How is she still pregnant!?!?!?  Or is it somehow Deacon's?!?!?  Dude I may actually punch something if that is true...okay lets pretend I didn't say that.  How is their love child the Witness?!?!?!  Why is their child trying to destroy time?!?!?!  I have so many questions.  Thank GOD we are getting a Season 3.  I would have been SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment