Thursday, May 22, 2014

Mary Kay Vox Box - Take Two

I received a Mary Kay Vox Box from Influenster to try for free. 

I've tried all the products and must say I am a bit impressed.  I've used Mary Kay in the past but just kind of stopped one day (not sure why). 

The look I liked the most involved most of the products I received.  Just to give you an idea of what I look like, I have light olive skin and light hair.  After I put on my usual mineral foundation, I used the mascara (Lash Love).  I crimped my lashes and applied it, I liked it but it didn't quite lengthen my lashes like I like.  It did thicken them though so that looked nice.  I used the gel eye liner pot to create bold but not too crazy cat eyes.  It gave the illusion of my eyes being a bit larger and it was more defined than my usual pencil liner.  Next I used the Cream Eye Color (Apricot Twist).  Its a very subtle color but it looked great.  I used my finger to apply it.  I felt like it went on better than the brush that way.  It wasn't quite enough boldness in my eyes so I used a darker brown (not too dark) eye shadow I had to put some color at the edges of my eyes from lid to brow bone.  It created a smokey eye but nothing drastic.  I wasn't a huge fan of the blush, it looked too subtle on me so I used a different blush.  I did use a bit of the bronzer though and I was pleased that it blended well and didn't give me a fake look.  To seal the deal I brushed on a bit of the translucent loose powder.  I really do feel like it keeps the shine down.  Then I added the Mango Tango lip gloss but I mixed it with a more neutral beige color to tone it down a little. 

All in all it looked fantastic!  I am very happy to have been able to give Mary Kay a try again.  It reminded me of why I used to like the products way back when.  Thanks Influenster!

No comments:

Post a Comment