Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Its supposed to be a comedy dammit!

Okay I have not been super faithful to Young Sheldon but I have enjoyed like 85% of the series.  I watched last weeks episode live....

I KNEW George died at some point because in Big Bang Theory he is already dead.  And I knew it had to be coming soon because, well its ending THIS WEEK

I just didn't think it would f**k me up so bad when it happened.  

I mean Jesus!  They are getting ready to go take a family photo before Sheldon leaves for Cali.  They are cutting up and being the goof @$$ family that they are when there is a knock at the door.  

George had a massive heart attack, he's gone.  That's it.  He went to work and he's gone.  No drawn out goodbye, just no longer here. 

I think it hit me so hard because THAT is real.  Life is like that.  It's not a sitcom. It's not like a TV show.  You leave for work one day and just don't come home.  The only thing "sitcomy" was they happen to be all together going take a family photo but that could be real too.  

Everyone's faces and sobs.  Sheldon in shock in the corner.  I legit went from cracking up to silently crying into my wine.  

Now I'm kinda dreading the f**king finale.  I don't want to cry!!!! I see elder Sheldon is making an appearance.  I feel like he's going to close it out which is fitting.  I mean he created this.  He made the anomaly that is Sheldon Cooper and opened the door for this spin off and the one about Georgie and his family. I just don't want to be sad at the end of a finale for a comedy but I will be sad its ending.  It's a funny show!

No comments:

Post a Comment